Jan 22, 2023
Guest Laura Beth Resnick of Butterbee Farm in Maryland joins host Jennie Love again to discuss building and rebuilding a successful farm business over the past decade.
Covered in this episode are:
- Finding land to farm
- Pros and cons of renting versus buying farm land
- Funding sources for land and infrastructure
- Making infrastructure decisions
- Bringing goats to a flower farm
- Finding peach of mind and courage in the face of big change and wintertime
Mentioned in this episode are:
The Regenerative Flower Farmers Network
Jennie's upcoming virtual farming cohort where she'll coach a small group of flower farmers throgh the spring.
Laura Beth's previous episode here on No-Till Flowers.
Laura Beth's online class about building a farm, including more details about funding.
A past episode on farmer burnout and mental well-being with Amelia Ihlo.
The "goat moat" fig guy, Three Fold Farm in Mechanicsburg PA (they have an earth battery green house too).
Farm Service Agency (FSA) for farm loans
Please take a moment to rate and review this podcast wherever you are listening.
Find No-Till Flowers on Instagram @notillflowers